Pumpkins, Pasta, and Pancakes! :: All My Fall Must Haves From Trader Joe’s
I. LOVE. FALL.
Honestly, it’s my favorite time of year for many reasons. It finally gets below 100 degrees here in south Louisiana, the colors of fall are a whole vibe (and I’m here for it), it’s the season of warm fires, it’s stylish to wear leggings and an oversized sweater, and HALLOWEEN! I love Halloween so much, that my decorations are already on display and have been since September 1st. So it should also come as no surprise that I am over the moon excited that Trader Joe’s featured fall items have dropped.
I love Trader Joe’s the other 9 months out of the year, but September through November are my favorites! That’s because all their fall specialty items are available, and I always stock up. While I don’t purchase every fall item, I do have some favorites that have become absolute staples in my household, and should be in your household as well. Since the grocery store can sometimes be overwhelming (especially if you don’t know exactly what you’re looking for), I have made a list of my MUST HAVE fall items at Trader Joe’s.
Must Have Fall Specialty Items
- The Pumpkins: Oh the pumpkins!! As soon as I see those cute little gourds, I get a little giddy. Trader Joe’s has everything from tiny pumpkins to big, carving pumpkins. Additionally they come in a variety of colors, which makes for great front porch decor. The best part, they are relatively inexpensive. Prices vary from $0.89 – $8.99
- Mini Succulent Sugar Skull Plants: Also upon walking up to the store, these little guys are only $4.99. We never leave without at least 3. One for myself and each of my kids.
- Cinnamon Brooms: These can also be found outside by the pumpkins and smell AMAZING!!! I usually hang one in my kitchen throughout the fall season. It creates a lovely smell, and is a cute fall decoration. $4.99
- Haunted House Chocolate Cookie Kit: This is so fun for the kiddos! Think gingerbread house, but Halloween themed, and with a chocolate cookie instead of gingerbread. We do this every year, and the kids love displaying it as decoration on our kitchen island. This item is $9.99 and a great find!
- Pumpkin Pancake Mix: This stuff is DELICIOUS! Bonus, it comes in gluten free as well for our families with food allergies. This is an absolute MUST HAVE in our family. These pancakes are fluffy, easy to make, and just the right about of pumpkin flavor. Try adding some chocolate chips to the batter for a special treat. $2.99
- Zucchette pasta: I love this for no reason other than it’s shaped like little pumpkins and my kids love it! We make home made mac and cheese with it, or it also goes really great with Trader Joe’s Fall Autumnal Harvest Creamy Pasta Sauce. $2.29
- Autumnal Harvest Creamy Pasta Sauce: This stuff is so yummy! Think creamy marinara but with a fall flare. This sauce is perfect for a savory fall pasta or lasagna. It is tomato based, but has pumpkin, butternut squash, and carrot in the recipe. This makes it creamier, slightly sweeter, and more savory than your traditional red sauce. Highly recommend! $3.99
- Butternut Squash Ravioli: This ravioli is like fall wrapped up in a little package. it has a delicious cheese and butternut squash filling, that pairs wonderfully with a light sauce even as simple as some olive oil, salt, pepper, and freshly grated parmesan. I also like to add fresh basil, and chicken. But this is also delicious and filling without a protein. Additionally, this also comes in a gluten free option.$3.99 regular, $4.49 gluten free
- Things we have yet to try but are on my radar to purchase: Pumpkin chocolate chunk cookie mix $4.99, Fall harvest salsa $3.49, Caramel apple dipping kit $6.99, Mini maple marshmallows $2.99, Apple cider donuts $4.49, Salted maple ice cream $3.79, and Pumpkin brioche twist $4.99.