Cabbage Casserole :: The Easiest and Yummiest Recipe For St. Patrick’s Day
Maybe St. Patrick’s Day is already your favorite holiday, or maybe you’re wondering why it’s one of the best holidays to celebrate.
It’s St. Patricks’ Day, and that means you’ve either caught a ton of cabbage at parades or want to enjoy some cabbage just because. Before you throw away the cabbage from parades or dismiss this often unpopular food, you have to try this casserole! It is truly delicious and a tasty comfort food.
- Steam two heads of cabbage leaves in approximately 1 inch of water for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef (or protein of your choice) with one diced onion, garlic, salt and pepper
- When the cabbage is steamed, mix it with Italian breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese (2:1 ratio)
- Add the browned meat, and place the entire mixture in a greased casserole dish
- Bake covered with foil at 350° for approximately an hour. Bon appétit!