No cream. No oil. No butter. No GUILT!
The only ingredients you need to create this delicious, creamy corn and crab bisque recipe (aside from seasonings) are corn, lump crab meat, chicken stock, and cauliflower.
In an attempt to lose the excess pounds I’ve been carrying around, I’ve been on a low-fat, low-carb diet (and have lost 15 pounds since the beginning of December!). My saving grace for the days when I’m craving something starchy has been cauliflower. Lately, I’ve been making a very simple cauliflower soup recipe. It’s healthy, diet-friendly, and very filling. A few days ago, I was trying to think of a way to switch up the recipe so I threw in some canned corn and canned lump crab meat. The result was fabulous, so I knew I needed to share it with you!
- 2 heads of cauliflower (or 2 bags of pre-cut cauliflower)
- 2 – 15 oz cans of corn
- 1 – 16 oz container of lump crab meat (I used wild caught, blue swimming crab meat.)
- 8 cups of chicken stock (I used two 32 oz containers of Kirkland Organic Chicken Stock, also from Costco. For a chunkier soup only use 6 cups of chicken stock, but remember that the nutritional information listed below will be altered.)
Note: I like to make a large batch at a time, but this recipe is very forgiving so you can easily adjust the quantities to fit your needs. To create a basic cauliflower soup recipe, just eliminate the corn and crab.
- Put cauliflower and 1 can of corn (undrained) into a pot (I used a 7 quart pot.). Pour chicken stock over the cauliflower. Cook ingredients until the cauliflower is very tender.
- Scoop the contents of the pot into a food processor or blender (I have a Ninja Ultimate Pro and it works amazingly fast.) and puree them until the ingredients are completely blended. Note: I have to blend two batches in order for all of the ingredients to fit, so I put the first batch of pureed ingredients into a mixing bowl while I transfer the rest of the food from the pot to the food processor.
- Put the blended cauliflower, corn, and chicken stock back into the pot. Add the second can of corn (drained this time) and the can of lump crab meat.
- Season to taste (I use salt, pepper, and Zatarain’s Creole Seasoning). Simmer for about 20 minutes to bring out the flavor of the crab.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 cup (recipe makes 13 cups)
Calories: 88, Fat: <1g, Sodium: 606mg, Carbohydrate: 11.5g, Dietary Fiber: 3g, Sugars: 3g, Protein: 9.7g
This recipe is only 2 Weight Watchers points per serving!
Mmm, yes please!
well now I know what I am making for dinner tonight (or Friday!) 🙂
Thanks for sharing!!!
This sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing. And woot for 15lb loss! 🙂
Thanks! Slow and steady. 🙂