I Love You! :: 20 Cute Ways to Tell Your Kids You Love Them
Love is in the air. Well, for us parents, we love every day. The love we have for our children is unconditional. I tell my daughter every day that I love her. Even though I sometimes have to yell to get her to hear what I’m saying. But after a while, I found that telling my daughter that I love her every day started to become second nature, which felt like a routine rather than heartfelt.
Not too long ago, I received a newsletter that had an article on ways to say “I love you.” Most of the tips were super cute and fun so I picked a few to say on different days to try them out, and I’m having so much fun with them. The little giggles I get from my four-year-old when I tell her the sayings just make my heart melt.
Here are twenty ways to say I Love You to your children:
- You light up my day!
- Do you know how much I love you? I love you thissssssss much! (hold out your arms as wide as you can)
- I’m your biggest fan!
- I have so much fun when I’m with you.
- I love you more that the whole wide world.
- I love you more than king cake (replace with your favorite food).
- You make me smile.
- I’m so lucky to be your mom/dad.
- There is no one else like you.
- I love you from your toes to your nose.
- I enjoy spending time with you.
- Have a cute code word that only you and your child will know.
- Do a fun hand sign showing love.
- You make my heart full.
- I love you so much. I want to eat you all up.
- It’s you I like, every part of you.
- I’m a fan of you.
- You are made of awesome sauce.
- I love you three thousand. (from Iron Man)
- I love you because…. finish the sentence with fun or cute sayings.
Another tip, write notes as surprises in their lunch boxes, write the phrases on a mirror, or stick them around the house for them to find them.
I know there are thousands of ways to say I love you. What are some ways you tell your child you love them?
Happy Valentine’s day! You all make my heart smile!