In just 6 short weeks, I will become a mom of 3. All 3 of my pregnancies have been COMPLETELY different from start to finish. During all 3 though, I’ve had moments that I wish people would have warned me about prior to becoming pregnant.
Here’s a few that I can actually recall … we’ll get to the reason for that in a few(see #6).
- Even if you’ve been hoping and praying for a positive test… you may still have a reaction of shock, panic, or stress. I was on fertility for 6 months trying to get pregnant with my son, the minute I got a positive result I went straight to panic mode and asked myself “what the hell did you do!?” It’s ok! It’s normal! This is a HUGE moment change and responsibility.
- Hormones SUCK! Ever had a fight with or literally cried over your significant other over them not cutting the crust off your sandwich or because they cut it diagonal instead of vertical…. yea well I did..
- Your belly becomes public property. There is no longer any type of personal space once people know you’re expecting. I have had random people come up to me in target and touch my belly trying to feel the baby move. It QUICKLY becomes frustrating… don’t be afraid to tell someone the need to back off.
- You CAN feel totally claustrophobic even when youre in a wide open space. There’s a whole human INSIDE of you at ALL times… yea, talk about NO personal space.
- Husbands need support too. No brainer here, women get ALL the attention when pregnant, don’t forget your husbands or significant other may be needing positive reassurance that everything is going to be great and ok sometimes.
- Umhhhhh…. What were we talking about again? WAIT! That’s it!… umh… Baby brain is a real thing and it doesnt ever go away… just trust me on this one, concentration is not really a thing anymore.
- SERIOUSLY… WHAT IS THAT SMELL?! Of all your senses, smell will take over. I can smell my kids thinking about sneaking a snack into their room at bedtime. It’s not always a good thing though.
- Lactation can start well before baby is ready to come… Just ask the random people who see me in the store with gigantic wet spots as they look at me totally crazy. I can’t help it!
- People who say how beautiful and wonderful being pregnant is are either liars or just freaks of nature… just take my word on this one. You may know 1 or 2 people who actually LOVED being pregnant… I am NOT one of those people.
- Make sure you up the amount of panties you have… and up the size. I for sure peed my pants a few times with my first, a few more with the 2nd, but this 3rd go round…. I may as well own stock in the underwear department.
- OMG Lightning crotch. When your baby gets to a point where theyre big enough to put pressure on your cervix and they head butt or kick it…. prepare for the worst feeling you’ve ever felt in your lady parts ever. Im talking bring you to your knees stab in the crotch feeling.
- Sex … You remember that thing that got you in this position in the first place … yea not everyone does. It’s more painful and awkward for me than good. Don’t worry though, if you’re like me, it’s mainly hormonal and you’ll go back to your old ways after baby.
- You’re going to go from a well shaved beauty to Chewbacca quick. Again… thank those hormones for the excess hair growth.
- People like to point out just how busy you’re going to be, or how full your hands are about to be. Thanks Karen, because I didn’t already realize that before you told me!
- When it’s all said and done, you will forget about every single one of these. Seriously … when that little human that has been terrorizing your body for the past 9 months lays on your chest for the first time, all of the struggle you’ve been through totally disappears.