There is never a shortage of things to do in New Orleans with kids. Whether you are looking for Easter events in New Orleans, or the best splash pads in New Orleans, or general advice for visiting New Orleans with kids, New Orleans Mom has you covered. Whether it’s a trip to the best sunflower field in the South, or a day trip to Fontainbleau Park, we encourage you to explore all that Louisiana has to offer.
Mrs. Heather’s Is Open for Strawberry Picking!
Spring has sprung in New Orleans, and everyone is looking for things to do with kids in Louisiana! Whether you live here year round or are visiting New Orleans with kids, strawberry picking is one of our favorite activities to enjoy the outdoors. Of course, every Fall most of us head out to Mrs. Heather’s for their pumpkin patch. But did you know that Mrs. Heather’s also has a strawberry farm that opens in the Spring? Beginning on March 3rd, Mrs. Heather’s Strawberry Farm (located in Hammond, which is less than an hour from New Orleans) will be open for the season.
If you haven’t been to Mrs. Heather’s before, we encourage you to take your family to visit!
Here is what you need to know before heading to Mrs. Heather’s for strawberry picking ::
- Located in the Hammond/Albany are
- Admission is cash only. For current pricing, please refer to their website.
- Pick your own farm fresh strawberries right from the patch.
- Playground is open for play which includes a zip line, a jumping pillow and and some fun ride on tractors for the kids to enjoy.
- Delicious chocolate covered strawberries & jams for sale.
- Available for field trips and birthday parties.
The weather right now is beautiful and not so brutally hot, so pack a lunch and make the short drive to Mrs. Heather’s for their strawberry farm!
Looking for more berry picking? Make sure to check out :: Where to Pick Strawberries and Blueberries In and Around New Orleans.