Disclosure :: This post is sponsored by Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY). That said, we are excited to share these pro tips for flying out of MSY!
5 Mom Pro Tips for Flying Out of MSY This Summer
Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY) is making travel easier than ever with helpful amenities that will streamline your summer travel and provide a hassle-free airport experience. Take advantage of new parking options, award-winning shops and restaurants and more during your travel through MSY.
- Reserve parking online. You can now reserve parking on the airport’s website in any of the four parking facilities –Short-Term, Long-Term, Surface and Economy. Park in the Economy Garage (located at 900 Airline Drive near the former terminal) and use the remote baggage check-in to ride the shuttle bags free and skip the ticket counter. The shuttle ride from the Economy Garage to the terminal is guaranteed to be 15 minutes or less, or you will receive 50% off parking. Valet parking is also available at Departures if you prefer to walk right into the terminal or find yourself running late.
- Plan ahead using the airport website. View the facility map, review answers to frequently asked questions, and check your flight status all in one place.
- Appease the whole family. It can be difficult to find food options the whole family can agree on, but MSY makes it easy. Various restaurants throughout the airport have kid-friendly menu items. National chains like Chili’s and Chick-Fil-A offer dedicated kid’s menus. Other locations like Mondo, Emeril’s Table and Midway Pizza have pizza for the kids and lots for the adults. A full list of kid-friendly restaurants can be found by searching the facility map or this list here.
- For those traveling with children or family members with hidden disabilities, stop by our customer service desk for a sunflower lanyard or bracelet. The Hidden Disabilities program allows airport staff to identify those in need of an extra level of customer service by use of a sunflower lanyard or bracelet. This program is for those coping with issues such as autism, anxiety disorders, dementia, Crohn’s disease, low vision, hearing loss, epilepsy, Asperger Syndrome, PTSD, learning disabilities, mobility issues, etc. While they do provide a discreet signal to employees, wearing a lanyard or bracelet does not guarantee fast tracking through security or any preferential TSA treatment. Passengers are encouraged to arrange any special assistance needed with their airline or TSA Cares.
- Use CLEAR and/or TSA PreCheck®. CLEAR and TSA PreCheck® are different services that both have the same goal — helping you get through airport security quicker and with less stress. For $189 annually, CLEAR gets you to the front of the queue at more than 50 U.S. airports. You can add up to three family members for $60 each per year and all family members under 18 years old can use the CLEAR lane without a membership when traveling with their parents. TSA PreCheck® is $78 for 5 years and expedites the physical screening process so you can keep moving without removing shoes, laptops, belts, etc. Using them together is a great way to get to your gate faster.
This list highlights at least five reasons why Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport was recognized as the Best Airport in North America (5 to 15 million passengers per year) for the second year in a row by Airports Council International World’s Airport Service Quality Program. On top of that, MSY’s restaurants and shops have recently racked up a few awards. The concessions program was recognized by Airport Experience News with having the Best Overall Concessions Program, Best Overall Design and Best Local Inspired Restaurant for Emeril’s Table in the Small/Medium Airport Division in the 2023 AX Awards.