Disclosure :: This post is sponsored by the YMCA of Greater New Orleans. Have you checked out all of the opportunities that they have to offer locally?
Improve Your Health and Conquer Barriers to Fitness with the YMCA of Greater New Orleans
HEALTH, WELL-BEING & FITNESS
- Because we know that healthy lifestyles are achieved through nurturing mind, body and spirit, well-being and fitness at the Y is so much more than just working out. Beyond fitness facilities, we provide educational programs to promote healthier decisions, and offer a variety of programs that support physical, intellectual and spiritual strength.
- Serving families has always been at the heart of the Y. We are a place where everyone comes together, regardless of social, economic and educational challenges. We have a fundamental desire to provide opportunities for every family to build stronger bonds, achieve greater work/life balance, and become more involved with our community.
- At the Y, we offer a sense of community, fellowship and support that enriches people’s lives. You’re as likely to find a book club along with an aerobics class here at the Y.
THE YMCA ALSO OFFERS PRACTICAL SOLUTIONS FOR PARENTS
- I WANT TO GO TO THE GYM… BUT WHAT DO I DO WITH MY KIDS? The Y provides FREE active and engaging childcare during peak hours while you work out.
- I WANT TO BE HEALTHIER… BUT I DON’T KNOW WHERE TO START. Take a FREE tour of the facility, talk with our experienced wellness staff or sit down for a private session with a personal trainer.
- I USED TO LIKE TO WORK OUT… BUT I GOT BORED. The Y has dozens of FREE classes to choose from each week and we are always adding new ones! We have new equipment in all of our facilities and most have personal TVs.
- I WANT TO BE A PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER IN MY COMMUNITY… BUT I DON’T KNOW HOW. It’s about more than muscle at the Y! There are so many ways to be involved in the community, volunteer as a sports coach or help prepare holiday meals for seniors. For the kids, develop leadership and team building skills in programs like youth sports, Leaders Club, and so much more!
- I JUST WANT TO SPEND MORE TIME WITH MY FAMILY… BUT IT’S HARD TO FIND THINGS TO DO TOGETHER. From family movie nights to Kids Night Out, from youth sports to swim lessons for all ages, the Y has programing to help your family learn, grow and thrive together!
Looking for a chance to visit the YMCA and see for yourself what they offer? On April 30th, the YMCA of Greater New Orleans will celebrate Healthy Kids Day, their national initiative to improve the health and well-being of kids. All facilities will be open to the public with free tours and activities for the whole family. Click HERE for more information.