Here we are, two months in to 2019, which has somehow felt like half a year long already. Anyone else feel like January was a WAY longer month than any other month throughout the year?
How are y’all doing with your goals / resolutions for this year? I can’t say that I’m absolutely crushing mine, but I feel like I’m moving in the right direction. One of my biggest goals for this year is just better overall wellness. I think there are many factors that play in to this goal: physical health, mental health, emotional support, what you actually put in to your body on a daily basis. ALL of the things that bring health, happiness, and balance in to your life.
What I’m really trying to focus on to work toward this goal is my health, both physical and mental. I believe that if you’re in tune with your body and doing what brings you happiness and makes you feel good, everything else will kind of just fall in to place.
I wanted to share with y’all a few ways in which I’m working toward my overall wellness this year, and hopefully these things could help you as well if this is one of your goals for this year!
- Moving at least 30 minutes a day: Working out ALWAYS makes me feel better. Because working out gives you endorphins, and endorphins make you happy -name that movie- But really, if you can’t make it to a gym because life can get too busy for that sometimes, do a quick workout at your house after the kids go to bed! There are so many workouts you can find on Youtube, Pinterest, Amazon, etc.
- Get outside: Whether it’s in your backyard, a walk around the neighborhood, or going to a park, it’s so good to get outside and feel refreshed! Especially on days when it’s just me and my littlest, feeling cooped up inside can feel pretty draining. Getting outside, even for a very short time, leaves me feeling refreshed!
- Headspace: I was never big in to meditation, but this app was recommended to me when I was dealing with a lot of anxiety and BOY IT FREAKING HELPS. It’s so good because with the free version, you can do little 3-5 minute sessions of mediation. I feel like it’s the perfect amount of time, and it really relaxes me and helps to calm my brain.
- Eat more REAL food: I don’t know about y’all, but when I eat like crap, I feel like crap. I find that I feel my best when I’m eating real food. Lots of fruits, veggies, eggs, lean meats. I really would like to try to follow the Mediterranean diet more this year, so we’ll see how that goes!
- Family date: Something that always brings me happiness is doing something special with my family. There is nothing in the world that I love more than spending time and doing something fun with my husband and our boys. Whether it’s a breakfast date at our favorite place in Slidell, Creole Bagelry, or a trip to the zoo, spending time with my krewe always brings me the most happiness.
I hope all of you are off to a great start in 2019! Hopefully some of these things that are helping me this year can help y’all as well. If y’all have any other tips to stay on track to better overall wellness, please leave a comment and let me know! I’m always looking for new ways to be the best version of myself.