Ready or not!! It’s time to start preparing for Christmas!
If you have a huge budget and a big fat bank account, you can skip this post if you like! But, if Christmas seems to cost you a fortune, and you are interested in defraying that cost, read on!
This is my busy time of year. I call it Christmas Crazy. As a deal and savings blogger, October starts the frenzy, and it goes right up to the last possible 2-day or overnight shipping day. There are some days that I can’t form sentences unless I am typing them. My brain just can’t make my mouth speak words.
BUT!! This is the most exciting time for me because it’s when I get to help all the mamas out there make their kids’ Christmas morning become what they want it to be without breaking the bank!
Here are a few things that you can do now to save some money AND spread that cost out over a few months instead of all at once:
- I have taken on some help this year. My dear friend Victoria is helping me with the blog and we have created a VIP EVENT page where we post all the very best deals. If you join the event, you will get a notification when we post and therefore, you won’t miss those smokin’ hot deals because the Facebook Algorithm decides you don’t need it.
- Start watching for things NOW that can be stashed away for Christmas. If you are afraid you will forget that you have bought things, set a reminder in your phone for sometime in November to “check the closet” where you stash. If you do happen to buy it again, you can always return the more expensive purchase. We are already starting to see a few good deals trickle in!
- Think outside the Christmas List! Instead of “what can I get for Aunt SoAndSo” … think “who could I give this to?” If you see something that you think is a great deal and a great gift, think of someone that you could give it to. I do this frequently.
- Understand that online retailers will begin matching Black Friday deals as soon as the stores open. So, if it’s not possible for you to go out, it’s raining (or snowing – hey, a girl can dream!), or the crowds are out of control … you can get most of the same deals at home!
- Be aware that while the Black Friday craze is great, there is a little thing called Cyber Monday that follows closely behind it. It is just as awesome, and you can shop in your jammies at home that day, too!
This is my favorite time of year, and I hope that I am able to help you save some money and still have a magical Christmas for your kids!
About Northshore Mama
Kari, born and raised on the Northshore, began Northshore Mama after her family experienced a couple of rough financial years. Kari shares the tips and tricks to maneuvering each store’s different marketing of their sales, as well as introducing her readers to various programs and websites where she earns free stuff every day. Northshore Mama’s mission is to bring you the coupon deals and show you how to match them up with each store’s weekly sales to get the most bang for your buck!