We know that this is a blog geared towards moms BUT Father’s Day is right around the corner, and we thought that our busy readers could use some help with shopping ideas.
1. A bathrobe from Loomed. Shown is the “Classic Beach” style, which runs $95. In addition to being hand-woven and made from organic cotton, the robes are also made to custom order. They have a few in stock but they normally work with each customer to select their favorite color and pattern. Custom robes take two weeks from initial order date. Depending on the style of towel you order, robes can range from $95 – $275.
2. For the dad who’s a history buff, this new book from the Historic New Orleans Collection will be a fascinating read. A Company Man, edited by Erin Greenwald, is the fascinating, uncensored travelogue of a young Frenchman who ventured to New Orleans in 1729. And you can get it signed by Greenwald just in time for Father’s Day on Wednesday, June 12, at Maple Street Book Shop (7529 Maple St.) from 6–8 p.m. The signing is free and open to the public. The featured title retails for $40. Light refreshments will be provided. Call (504) 861-2105 or visit maplestreetbookshop.com for details.
4. If Dad has a sweet tooth, The Man Collection from Sucré ($48) should make him smile. Candied pecans, drinking chocolate, and caramel cookies are only a few of the treats in this manly gift box. If that doesn’t sound perfect for him, then check out the other gift ideas for the man in your life. Hopefully, he’ll share.
5. This “Who [email protected]” shirt from Fleurty Girl totally epitomizes the modern NOLA dad. Whether he’s a fan of tweeting, the Saints, his kids (or all three), he’ll wear this with pride.
6. If Daddy’s favorite pastime is taking the kids to get an icy treat, he’ll love this Snow Ball belt from Perlis. Order online or visit one of their four locations for this and other New Orleans-themed accessories.
7. Dad can drink like a locavore with a selection of beers from NOLA Brewing. You can buy a six pack or two at many local grocery stores, including Rouse’s, or stop by their merchandise store at 3001 Tchoupitoulas Street, Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm to peruse their selection of pint glasses, t-shirts, coasters, caps, and more.
8. Give the gift that keeps on giving…an annual Friends of City Park membership. For just $65 for a family (two adults and up to six children under 18), you will get unlimited entry to Storyland, Celebration in the Oaks, and the gorgeous Botanical Gardens, and discounts on miniature golf at the brand new City Putt and much more,
We hope this gives you some ideas of what you can give the NOLA dad in your life.