Graycen Taylor Bond will turn two years old this September. Sadly, little Graycen has a heart defect and has been in a struggle to survive since before she was born. She was diagnosed with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome in August 2010 while she was still in the womb. Her left ventricle was smaller than it is was supposed to be and did not function. Graycen was born at East Jefferson General Hospital on September 29, 2010 and rushed to Children’s Hospital in New Orleans within an hour after birth. Her heart condition required a series of three surgeries to re-rout the blood flow of her heart to make the right side work for the left side of the heart.
Graycen had her first open-heart surgery at two weeks old. Since that time, it has been one fight after another for precious little Gracyen. Most recently, in June of this year, she started having congestive heart failure and went back in the hospital again. The only hope for Graycen is a heart transplant. Children’s Hospital has recommended that Gracyen seek treatment at UAB for best chances at success, so she has to move to another state with her family, which of course will bring with it many, many costs.
As mothers ourselves, New Orleans Moms Blog felt compelled to help. As such, we have set up a Stella & Dot online trunk show for this very important and worthy cause.
Stella & Dot has a ton of fabulous jewelry, but we personally have our eyes on these gorgeous gems for football season. Whether you’re a Saints, LSU or Tulane fan (or perhaps all three!), there’s something fun for everyone! And, if you make a purchase through the online trunk show, you’ll be automatically entered to win a pair of the black and gold Gigi studs!
Large image: Pippa necklace ($69)
From top right: Tudor studs ($39), Arc drop earrings ($39), La Folie necklace ($49), La Folie necklace ($49), Serenity stone pendant ($79), Lillith fringe earrings ($49), Stackable gem rings ($54), Madeline pearl necklace ($108), Gigi studs ($24)
- Anyone can purchase jewelry through this trunk show using the link (it’s not limited to New Orleans area customers, so we hope you will help us spread the word)
- As the hosts of this trunk show, New Orleans Moms Blog will be entitled to Stella & Dot “hostess rewards” based on total sales. We will use those rewards to purchase a few items for the Gracyen’s Gala auction on Friday, September 7. The pieces we donate will be auctioned off to benefit Graycen
- Our stylist, Megan Kilis, will be available to answer any and all of your questions – please don’t hesitate to let us know if you need help with anything at all! She will also donate 20% of the proceeds from this trunk show to Graycen’s Gala
- Megan has also generously offered to give away one pair of the black and gold Gigi studs (Who Dat!) – to enter, just make a purchase through her trunk show. The winner will be announced on Monday, August 27
- And, last but not least, there is an exclusive deal for August trunk show guests: anyone who spends $50 in the trunk show will be able to get one of these fun Pops of Color items at 50% off
About Stella & Dot…
- Stella & Dot is a San Francisco based company that creates flexible entrepreneurial opportunities for women (did we mention that their founder is a mom herself?!?). Their boutique-style jewelry and accessories line is available exclusively through in-home and online trunk shows
- Their one of a kind collections are designed by celebrated New York designers and featured in many prominent magazines and on the wrists and necklines of dozens of celebrities
- If you have an interest in becoming a Stylist, Megan would love to tell you more!
We hope that you will consider doing some early holiday shopping or even indulging in a piece for yourself. Graycen needs as much support as she can get, and we’ll hope that you’ll join us!