Disclosure :: This post is sponsored by Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort.
Where am I? Powdery white sand beaches, emerald green waters and golden sunsets. Sounds like a tropical vacation in the Caribbean. But, an escape like that can be found much closer to home than you think. The beautiful Emerald Coast of Florida is only a short drive or direct flight away from New Orleans.
Sunrise to Sunset at Sandestin
Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, rated the #1 Resort in Destin by U.S. News and World Report, is the perfect destination for your vacation. The resort invites guests to a world of 2,400 acres and 30 charming neighborhoods featuring nearly 1,300 deluxe accommodations from the beach to the bay.
Known for its beautiful and clear emerald green waters, Sandestin features more than seven miles of beaches and pristine bay front, immaculately manicured championship golf courses, world-class tennis courts, 19 swimming pools, 113-slip marina, a variety of retail stores, fitness center, spa and The Village of Baytowne Wharf.
Beyond the beach, Sandestin offers enough to stay all week and play a different sport every day while exploring the resort’s 2,400 acre playground. From sunrise to sunset enjoy a full slate of complimentary events and activities that take guests from day to evening and beach to bay in style. A round of golf, tennis lessons with a pro, deep sea or off shore fishing, YOLO Boarding, bicycling and kayaking all tempt those who want to be adventurous.
Club KZ gives kids the chance to escape from parents — and enjoy a ropes course, zipline, bike ride around the resort and more. Club KZ is available to children from three to 12 and is fully-supervised.
As the sun goes down, Sandestin offers up complimentary entertainment daily at the Village of Baytowne Wharf and throughout the resort during summer. Visit sandestin.com/events for more events throughout the year.
Sandestin Weekly Summer Events
- Sunday Cinema: Enjoy a movie on the Events Plaza lawn.
- HydroFlight Mondays: Enjoy three shows from fly-board extraordinaire Ben Merrell over the lagoon!
- Sandestin Luaus: On Tuesday evenings enjoy delicious Hawaiian cuisine, live music, a bonfire, limbo, face painting, bounce house, other kids’ activities and much more.
- Boomin’ Tuesdays: Enjoy lawn games and inflatables at the Events Plaza. Light up the night with Fireworks at 9:15pm over the Lagoon.
- Wednesday Night Concerts: Enjoy live music & musicians to entertain all on the Village lawn.
- Magical Thursdays: Magic Show performed by Captain Davy.
- Live Music Saturdays: Enjoy live music at the Marina Bar & Grill.
Sandestin Annual Summer Events
- 14th Emerald Coast Blue Marlin Classic: June 22-26
- Red, White and Baytowne: July 4
- 30th Sandestin Triathlon: August 20
- Labor Day Weekend: September 2-5
Start planning your summer vacation to Sandestin and enjoy 25% OFF. PLUS! It’s easier than ever to visit the beautiful beaches in Northwest Florida with new direct flights from Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport to the beach.