Disclosure :: This post was sponsored by Once Upon A Child Metairie.
Seven Things Moms Should Know About Resale in New Orleans
When my daughter was born, and for a long time after, I only bought new clothes for her. I spent a lot of my time perusing shopping websites and buying tons of clothes that she ultimately did not need. “Oh look, Gap is having a sale” was said more than what I would like to admit. She was my first-born and I just wanted the best of everything for her. I still do.
That said, kids outgrow clothes so quickly and I often found clothes that had tags on them but were too small for her to wear and too old for me to return. It was frustrating to say the least. Who doesn’t hate wasting money? As she got older I got a little wiser and realized that I could save money by selling her old clothes and buying new or almost new clothes at a local resale shop.
And thus, a new shopping habit was born….
My go to resale store is Once Upon a Child Metairie on Severn Avenue across from Lakeside Mall. Here are my seven tips that all New Orleans moms should know about resale:
- You can gather your child’s all season, gently used (or new), clothes and bring them into the store. The store clerks will sort through your items and for what can sell in the store you will be offered a quote and get paid cash on the spot. They love to trade merchandise and the customers saves on the state tax, more savings!
- Speaking of clothes, Once Upon a Child Metairie consistently has a variety of quality, brand name clothing. For instance, they have Gymboree, Children’s Place, Carters, Justice & Ralph Lauren to name a few. There are also a lot of smocked outfits in the store for all the moms and dads who love smocking.
- Their clothes are organized by size, color and style so you won’t have to dig in between racks and racks of clothes. I don’t know about you, but disorganization gives me anxiety. This is yet another reason I love Once Upon a Child Metairie. I can find what I am looking for quickly and be in and out of the store when I’m in a hurry.
- The store doesn’t just buy & sell clothes. They sell tons of other gently used items as well. For instance, they sell kid’s shoes, toys, strollers, high chairs, swings, bouncers and other necessary gear! All their items are checked for recalls, once again looking out for their customers.
- They have coupons when you sign up with their Loyalty Programs. If you sign up for emails on their website, you will be one of the first to know about their promotions & sales. Check out their Facebook page and/or website to keep up with store events as well.
- Once Upon a Child Metairie also sells brand new items such as hair bows, Wubbanubs, Nuby products & more.
- The store is across from Lakeside Mall on Severn Avenue with tons of parking.
Head over to Once Upon A Child Metairie to find some good deals and possibly make a little money in the process.