Disclosure :: This post is sponsored by Louisiana Tours and Adventures. That said, our writer Rachel and her family took a tour with Captain Mike and had a great time! We hope you will give him a try!
Louisiana Tours and Adventures on the Tchefuncte River
Captain Mike of Louisiana Tours and Adventures offers customizable boat trips along the Tchefuncte River. Docking in Madisonville at Fairview State Park, it’s easy to access and hop on Capt. Mike’s boat for a fun-filled family day of nature, river history, and water fun. Feel free to bring your own lifejackets (mandated for 16 and under riders) or use the ones provided on the boat.
Capt. Mike Jones is a native to the area and shares some hot spots along the river’s swamps including shooting locations for the recently released Where the Crawdads Sing movie. Boat tours can be 2-hours or 3-hours and customized to your liking. Some options that Captain Mike offers include:
- Water play at Brady Island (including the large water mat)
- Beach-time to play in the sand at the mouth of the river
- Bar-hopping along the river (T-Rivers, Blind Tiger, The Anchor, Covington Country Club)
- Dinner Cruise with a stop at any of the restaurants
- Nature-focused tour to see native wildlife (turtles, gators, Osprey, Egrets, beavers, and more)
- Northshore history including the boat-making industry, logging, and early tourism
- Night tours to spot light alligators (a favorite for kids!)
After enjoying an afternoon with Louisiana Tours and Adventures and getting to know Capt. Mike, we highly recommend spending a day with the family to enjoy being on the water and maybe stopping for a picnic at the beach. He’s very flexible and open to adults-only trips too for date nights, group outings, celebratory events, and birthdays. An ice chest on board is available to hold snacks and drinks, and he keeps a fold-out table for picnicking.
Some of our trip favorites were playing on the beach, passing the lighthouse at sunset, and spotting turtles and alligators with our son.
For a fun, easy, and affordable family outing, get in touch with Capt. Mike at [email protected] or text (985) 789-9602.
You can also check out Louisiana Tours and Adventures in the links below::
Website | Facebook | Instagram