I have never been a person that follows the hype. In fact, If everyone is doing something, I tend not to do it. I don’t typically engage in all of the hype around the New Year.
I do not take part in a New Years’ countdown in the city.
We usually go out to eat sushi. Then we get cozy and watch the ball drop on television.
Press the Reset Button
I typically have not set a New Year’s Resolution. It just has not been a ritual for me thus far. I suppose it feels too rigid. It can be hard to stick to one thing. However, I do love the idea of pressing the reset button for the New Year. We are at the end of 2019 and it is the end of a decade! How cool is it that every New Year’s we can think about what we want to differently this year?
The Power of Affirmations
I love affirmations and I believe in them. An affirmation is basically anything that we say to ourselves. So if we are saying negative things to ourselves, we are going to feel pretty bad. When we say positive things to ourselves, we eventually feel hopeful and connected. When we affirm something to ourselves over and over, it begins to shift something inside of us.
A word of the year
I recently heard of the concept of picking a word for the Year. I love this. I think it falls in line with my love for affirmations. It is the idea that we pick one word.
- This one word is focused on what we want to bring into our lives in 2020.
- This one word will help us to be intentional.
- Once you find your word, write it on a sticky pad and put it on your mirror. Stick it somewhere in your car or in your wallet. Make a sign and put it above your door way in your room or in your kitchen.
- Write it in a journal.
- Journal on what the word means to you and how you want it to manifest in your life.
Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- What are my intentions for the year?
- How do I want to approach this year?
- And my favorite question that gets right to the core: What do I want to bring into my life?
My word is cultivate.
To cultivate is to nurture and to help grow.
I am not sure how this popped into my brain but it just resonates with me. I want to cultivate many things into my life. I want to cultivate growth. I want to cultivate a feeling of peace in my life. I want to cultivate a more organized space. I want to cultivate creativity. I want to cultivate an environment that feels beautiful. I want to cultivate some new things in my business. This is my word for 2020 and I will put it out into the universe.