Trying to keep my mind off the craziness that is “The Rona,” I tend to stress eat. As I’m working on my health and fitness journey, I must say that this isn’t helping at all. As I was talking with my trainer, he mentioned a few things that I would like to share with everyone.
Make Healthy Choices
- Eat your daily fruits and vegetables
- Drink plenty of water
- Balance is key, drink your wine, eat that Oreo, but try not to overindulge. We have a month, so eat in moderation. I know when I get bored I’ll just eat, but drinking water will help you stay full and not want to eat as much.
- Meal prep – you can still plan out your meal for the week for your family. If you don’t want to go into the stores, you can order through apps and just pick up
- Go on a neighborhood / nature walk with the kids
- We live in a digital age, so many workout apps to use.
- Daily burn
- YouTube has a lot of workout guides for adults and kids
- Nike Training / Run
- You can also call your friends for a Zoom workout
Mental health is just as important.
- Listen to affirmations
- Read/listen to books
- Call your girlfriends and have an adult conversation
- A glass of wine never hurt anyone
- Create a schedule to keep things in order
- Have quiet time. If the kids are napping, everyone can take a few minutes to decompress from all the fun activities that you have planned
- Try to stay off social media for long periods of time. The media can be very overwhelming. Disconnect for a while and take this time to appreciate your family and learn new things together.
There are plenty of things to do to keep your mind off the things that are going on in the world. I know this is a hard time for all of us. But if we make the best out of this, we will grow stronger within ourselves, our family and our community.