One of the most popular questions we receive is, “what are the best kid-friendly restaurants in New Orleans for a special occasion?” New Orleans is well known for its celebratory culture, and the good news is that we have dozens of kid-friendly restaurants to choose from. Whether you are looking for an upscale kid-friendly restaurant in New Orleans or something more casual, we have you covered. If you are looking for restaurants in New Orleans that accommodate peanut allergies, take a look at this great list. If you need decorated cookies or are looking for a custom cake for your celebration, this list of the best decorated cookies and sweet treats in New Orleans will help. If your family loves a good brunch, our list of the best brunch spots in New Orleans is likely to help you out!
Best Kid-Friendly Restaurants in New Orleans For a Special Celebration
There are so many kid friendly restaurant options in the New Orleans area, and a lot of them offer large party/private dining reservations. Graduation coming up? Family reunion? Wedding events? Want to make sure the kids have options and play areas? Celebrating a birthday? Here are some of our favorite New Orleans restaurants to celebration a milestone with kids, in no particular order. If you have any additions, please comment and we will add it to the guide so we can keep a running list. Happy eating! Happy planning! Happy kids!
Frey Smoked Meat Co.
- Food Type: New Orleans style BBQ
- Perks: Fun milkshakes for kids. Outdoor seating and games for kids. 18 foot bar carries over 45 different beers and 50 different whiskeys.
- Note: For parties of 8 or more, they do include gratuity at 18%.
- Location: 4141 Bienville St Suite 110 NOLA 70119
- Website: Frey Smoked Meat Co
- Food Type: Modern New Orleans cooking meets Haute Creole
- Perks: Jazz Brunch options. Eat fit options, too. Private dining/Parties accepted. Please contact, Holly at 504-899-9591 or [email protected] for more information or to book your event. Catering available. Reservations can be made online at the link below. Valet offerings.
- Note: Dress code: Business attire; jackets are preferred for gentlemen, collard shirts and closed toe shoes for gentlemen required, no shorts, no flip flops, no t-shirts, no sweatshirts or sweat pants. Jeans are discouraged; ripped jeans are not allowed.
- Location:1403 Washington Avenue New Orleans, LA 70130
- Website: Commander’s Palace
- Food Type: Contemporary American
- Perks: Kid’s menu not listed but you can ask your server for it. Virtual tour of restaurant on their website. Reservations accepted. COTTON CANDY! COTTON CANDY! AND COTTON CANDY!
- This restaurant is wildly popular and known for the sparklers that come out with cotton candy at the end. This is a “must visit” with New Orleans kids at some point in their childhood!
- Note: Casual: please no tank tops for gentlemen. Street parking.
- Location: 424 Girod Street New Orleans, LA 70130
- Website: Meril
- Food Type: Mexican
- Perks: they have lots of games and a large kids area. They do offer a gluten free menu. They also offer an eat fit menu and most importantly a hefty kid’s menu.
- Note: They do not take reservations or call – ahead seating. It is first come, first served.
- Location: 6300 Argonne Boulevard NOLA 70124
- Website: Velvet Cactus
- Food Type: Hibachi. Sushi. Ramen.
- Perks: Larger set up for Hibachi parties. Special Events. Private Parties and Group Reservations can be scheduled online.
- Note: Opens at 12:00 pm o Saturdays and Sundays.
- Location: 310 N Carrolton Ave NOLA 70119
- Website: Ikura
The Blue Crab
- Food Type: Seafood
- Perks: Their website specifically states to call them for graduation parties. Live music schedule also on their site. There is a gluten free and eat fit menu. Kid’s menu available.
- Note: Closed on Mondays. They do not take reservations.
- Location: 7900 Lakeshore Drive, NOLA 70124
- Website: Blue Crab Nola
- Food type: Creole/Italian Bistro: small plates, tacos and sandwiches, and NOLAcuisine
- Perks: Bottomless Mimosas on Saturdays! Gluten free options. They take reservations. Weekend brunch options
- Note: 20% gratuity added to parties of 6 or more / No split checks for 5+ people.
- Location:124 Lake Marina Ave, NOLA 70124
- Website: Sala Nola
Junior’s on Harrison
- Food Type: Family feel restaurant. American.
- Perks: Daily specials. They have 2 private event spaces that can accommodate 8 – 12 people. Reservations are also accepted. You can also rent out the entire upstairs and patio. Delicious cocktails. Kid’s menu.
- Note: Hours differ by day of week. Check out their website.
- Location: 789 Harrison Avenue NOLA 70124
- Website: Junior’s on Harrison
- Food Type: Middle Eastern and Israeli
- Perks: outdoor kids tables. Private Dining options. Saba is pleased to offer multiple options for all types of events and celebrations. They have a private dining room (up to 50 guests) or you can inquire about full/partial buyouts in our main dining room or covered patio space!
- Note: Catering options are also available.
- Location:5757 Magazine Street Suite A NOLA 70115
- Website: Saba
Picnic Provisions and Whiskey
- Food Type: American
- Perks: Catering options available. Happy Hour is Tuesday – Friday 3:00pm – 6:00 pm. Kid friendly menu options. Vegetarian options.
- Note: Closed on Mondays.
- Location:741 State Street NOLA 70118
- Website: Picnic
Kid-Friendly Restaurants on the Westbank
Fuji Hana Sushi Bar and Hibachi Steakhouse
- Food Type: Japanese/Sushi/Hibachi
- Perks: 14 Hibachi grills in the restaurant. Lunch menu and Kid’s menu available.
- Note: Vegetarian options available.
- Location: 1130 Behrman Highway Gretna, LA 70056
- Website: Fuji Hana
Restaurant Des Familles
- Food Type: New Orleans Cuisine
- Perks: Unique setting and beautiful views – lazy waterway home to many alligators, turtles, egrets and other wildlife. Great for large parties. Four course menu options. Cocktail Party menu options.
- Note: Closed Mondays and Tuesdays.
- Location: 7163 Barataria Blvd Crown Point, LA 70072
- Website: Des Familles
Gattuso’s Neighborhood Restaurant, Bar and Catering
- Food Type: New Orleans, Seafood and Sandwiches
- Perks: Catering menu available. Dily Specials. Kid’s menu. Large outdoor area. They offer daily happy hour from 2:00 -6:00 pm with half price select appetizers and drink specials
- Note: Closed on Mondays and Sundays
- Location: 435 Huey P Long Gretna, LA 70053
- Website: Gattuso’s
- Food Type: Pizza
- Perks: There are actually locations in mid-city and St. Bernard as well, but we love the historic Old Gretna location. Plus, daiquiris!
- Note: The same family owns Dough Nguyeners, which is just the place for a sweet treat and another place you absolutely must try.
- Location: 139 Huey P Long Gretna, LA 70053
- Website: Huey P’s
- Food Type: Pizzeria
- Perks: They do have a kids menu available.
- Note: Closed on Mondays. No reservations but if you call an hour ahead they are very accommodating.
- Location: 4441 West Metairie Ave Metairie 70001
- Website: That’s Amore
- Food Type: Japanese
- Perks: Big party options available. Kid’s menu available. Hibachi is always a good time!
- Note: Call ahead and make reservations for Hibachi and/or large party. You can also make reservations via their website below. Go to Big Party, to book graduation parties or large parties.
- Location: 3226 N Arnoult Rd, Metairie, LA 70002
- Website: Akira
Byblos (Elmwood location, specifically)
- Food Type: Mediterranean Grill
- Perks: Catering options available. Menus vary by location. Daily drink specials. The Elmwood location has delicious flatbreads, a kids’ menu and a bright atmosphere that lends itself to daytime celebrations with kids. The best part is that you can just walk in!
- Note: there is also a location in Old Metairie (smaller space) located at 1501 Metairie Road. Byblos also has a market for shopping at 2020 Veterans Memorial Blvd. Market is closed on Sunday’s. Restaurant open daily.
- Location: 1000 S Clearview Parkway Harahan, LA 70123
- Website: Byblos
Porter and Luke’s
- Food Type: Seafood, New Orleans cuisine,
- Perks: Reservations accepted. Parties of 15 or more must call for reservations. Other reservations can be made on Open Table App. Private event space and availability. Offer chef’s daily specials. Kid’s menu offerings.
- Note: Open Daily.
- Location: 1517 Metairie Road, Metairie, Louisiana 70005
- Website: Porter and Luke’s
Kid-Friendly Restaurants on the Northshore
- Food Type: Louisiana cooking: Oysters, Shellfish and other seasonal catches.
- Perks: Amazing views. Outdoor game area for all ages, live music, TVs and dockside boat parking. Offer private events with scenic river view, custom tailored menu’s, playground for the kids and more.
- Note: Read a local New Orleans mom’s full review here.
- Location: 407 Saint Tammany St. Madisonville, LA 70447
- Website: Anchor Nola
- Food Type: New Orleans, Seafood
- Perks: Brunch available. Outdoor dining deck overlooking the Bogue Falaya River.
- Note: Open Daily.
- Location: 19130 W Front St. Covington, LA 70433
- Website: Chimes
- Food Type:
- Perks: Kid friendly. Party room at Mandeville location. This large party room can accommodate 80+ guests. Offers a modern, festive, casual atmosphere.
- Note: several other locations. Check out their website below. Spaces are different in size etc.
- Location: 122 W Causeway App Mandeville, LA 70471
- Website: LaCarreta
Abita Roasting Company
- Food Type: New Orleans cuisine
- Perks: Covington location allows you to have your next event on the scenic Tchefuncte River. Kid’s menu available. Catering and Event options available.
- Note: Open daily. They do not take reservations. 72 hours advance notice required for catering and events.
- Location: 1011 Village Walk Covington, Louisiana 70433; 504 Water St Madisonville, LA 70447
- Website: Abita Roasting
We have covered the best hidden gems in Harahan at length in another post. If your family is looking for a kid-friendly restaurant in Harahan specifically, this comprehensive guide will be your best resource!
Kid-Friendly New Orleans Restaurants With Multiple Locations
- Food Type: Mexican
- Perks: Catering options available. Lunch specials and Brunch menu available on Saturdays and Sundays 11:00 am – 3:00 pm. Weekly specials.
- Note: Open daily. Menu’s vary by location.
- Location: 1331 N Hwy 190 Covington, LA 70433; 1938 LA – 22 Madisonville, LA 70447; 69305 LA – 21 #600 Covington, LA 70433; 1752 Lindberg Dr. Slidell, LA 70458; Metairie – coming soon: 3301 Veterans Memorial Boulevard Metairie, LA 70002
- Website: Habanero’s
- Food Type: French, American, Café
- Read a local New Orleans mom’s full review here.
- Perks: Vegetarian options, Vegan options, as well as Gluten Free options. Kid’s menus available. Outdoor playground and seating.
- Note: Locations close at 2 pm for the day. The Decatur St. location is open until 3:00 pm.
- Locations:3 locations: 1845 Gentilly Blvd NOLA 70119; 1035 Decatur Street NOLA 70116; 1711 Hancock Street Gretna 70053
- Website: Toast NOLA
- Food Type: Cajun/Creole, Seafood, American
- Perks: Several locations: Kenner, Harvey, Jefferson and more. Kid’s menu. Open daily. Opens early on weekends!
- Note: Catering options available.
- Location: Covington, Slidell, Jefferson, Kenner, Harvey, Houma and Shreveport. Check out the website for their addresses.
- Website: Copelands
Don’s Seafood Hut
- Food Type: Seafood
- Perks: Now open for Saturday and Sunday at 10:00 am for Brunch. Kid’s menu available. Unique event space is offered at every location.
- Note: Catering options available.
- Location: Several locations: Covington, Denham Springs, Gonzalez, Hammond, Lafayette and Metairie.
- Website: Don’s Seafood Hut
- Food Type: Louisiana Cuisine/Seafood
- Perks: Kid’s menu available. Get a free order of beignets with you sign up texts and spend $25+. Walk On’s has a loyalty program Download the online app.
- Note: They do not accept reservations; however, restaurant is pretty large. For big parties, call ahead. Open Daily.
- Location: Several locations – Metairie, Slidell, Covington, New Orleans, Hammond, Houma, Gonzalez, Denham Springs, Baton Rouge, Brusly, Zachary, D’Iberville, Hattiesburg.
- Website: Walk On’s
Boulevard American Bistro
- Food Type: High-quality wood-fired American Bistro cuisine and professional yet friendly service in an upscale environment.
- Perks: There’s something for everyone on the menu. Kid’s menu available. Reservations accepted.
- Note: Open Daily.
- Location: Elmwood, Metairie and Covington
- Website: Boulevard Bistro
- Food Type: American Cuisine/Po-boys/Sandwiches
- Perks: Catering options available – order 24 hours in advance. Full restaurant and bar. Dine In reservations accepted on Explore Tock.
- Note: Ages 18 and up starting at 7 pm on Thursdays – Saturdays.
- Location: 3128 Metairie Rd. Metairie, LA 70001 (Also have locations in Houston, TX and Mandeville, LA)
- Website: Loft 18
So, there you have it! New Orleans Mom’s best kid friendly restaurants in New Orleans for a special celebration. If you have another to add, please suggest it in a comment!