Tickets are now on sale for Boo at the Zoo! The annual Audubon Zoo Halloween event will take place on October 18, 19, 25 and 26 for children up to age 12 featuring trick-or-treat houses with candy, a Ghost Train, a haunted house (scary and non-scary), games with prizes and entertainment. All games and treats, except concessions, are free with admission.
A limited number of tickets will be sold for each night, giving little ghosts and goblins the opportunity to experience Boo at the Zoo in a more relaxed atmosphere. The festivities begin at 5 and end at 9 p.m. each night.
New Orleans area families can enjoy:
- Three entertainment venues: local favorites Johnette Downing, Dennis & Co. and SongBeat in the Toddler Area in Audubon Zoo’s Cool Zoo (Note: no water will be running); Star Wars performers will delight children in a new area for meet and greet opportunities; The Super Stars (Oct. 17, 18) and Jack Magic (Oct. 25, 26) round out the entertainment on the Main Stage
- Zombie-themed Ghost Train Ride
- Reptile encounter for first hour each night
- Activities courtesy of the New Orleans VooDoo Arena Football League and the New Orleans Pelicans Basketball Team
- Outdoor laser tag sponsored by Games2U Nola
- Professional family photos by Lakeside Camera Photoworks for $10
- A Haunted Maze returns by a-MAZE-ing
- Included in admission: Dinosaur Adventures exhibit and Endangered Species Carousel!
- The Trick-or-Treat walk comes with your own complimentary bag to fill with goodies
Know Before You Go to Boo at the Zoo
- Ticket prices are $17 per person (adult or child). Handling fees apply.
- Adults must purchase tickets as well as all children over the age of 12 months.
- Children under 12 months of age are admitted free.
- Event is from 5 -9 pm. Ticket holders may enter at any time.
- Each person entering the event needs a ticket.
- Event is held rain or shine.
- Boo at the Zoo is a fundraiser for Children’s Hospital and Audubon Zoo. Should a ticket holder be unable to attend, your purchase should be considered a donation. There will be no refunds nor will tickets be honored on another night or year.
- No outside food and beverages allowed.
Please note: Ghost train ride may close as early as 8:00 pm depending on volume of guests waiting! The train ride can be scary for children under 8 years of age.
Other notes: Audubon Zoo will close at 3:00 pm to prepare for the annual Boo at the Zoo evening event on the following dates: October 18, October 19, October 25 and October 26, 2013. Tickets can be purchased online or at any Audubon attraction ticket window. A “print at home” option allows tickets to be e-mailed and printed from any computer. Tickets also can be placed at Will Call. No tickets will be mailed.
In full disclosure, our team received compensation and tickets to attend this event in exchange for promoting it in a variety of ways. That being said, Boo at the Zoo is an event that we have attended personally (both as children and parents) and will continue to attend with our families for years to come. We love supporting Audubon Zoo and Children’s Hospital in such a festive and fun way.