As all of our loyal readers know, we generally focus on content that is interesting and relevant to moms in the Greater New Orleans area. However, in honor of Father’s Day quickly approaching, we thought we’d turn the tables for a few days to take some time to recognize those important dads in our lives.
They inspire us and encourage us. They lift us up and challenge us. They are there for us when we need them the most! And because of this, we want to celebrate the dads in your life this Father’s Day!
What is the Best New Orleans Dad Contest?
We are now accepting submissions for the “Best New Orleans Dad.” We are looking for a local dad that stands out among the crowd. Ask yourself:
- Does he make a difference in the lives of his or others’ children?
- Does he set an example and offer encouragement for other dads around him?
- Does he play a vital part in the New Orleans community?
- Does he do an outstanding job in his role as a dad, as well as his place of employment?
We want to honor the local dad who deserves the title “Best New Orleans Dad!” It might be your husband, your dad, your neighbor, your grandfather, your best friend, or your child’s teacher. We want to hear about the dads that inspire you! Nominations will be accepted from wives, mothers, grandmas, grandpas, friends … and even kids themselves.
How to Nominate Someone for Best New Orleans Dad:
- Complete our online form to nominate the Best Dad YOU know!
- Please limit submissions to 500 words or less
- After submitting your nomination, be sure to email us the accompanying photo or attach it to the submission form (see more on the photo contest component below)
- Submissions will be accepted through Friday, June 6th at Noon CST
- The New Orleans Moms Blog team will determine finalists who will be featured on New Orleans Moms Blog on Monday, June 9th
- On Monday, June 9th, voting will open up to the public and will run through Thursday, June 12th at Noon CST
- The New Orleans Dad with the most votes will be named Best New Orleans Dad! The winner will be announced on Father’s Day – Sunday, June 15th!
We are thrilled to announce that the winner of the Best New Orleans Dad contest will win an awesome prize package giveaway worth over $700!
(1) Robe from LoomedNOLA (value of $90) :: (2) Belt and tie of choice from Nola Couture (value of $113) :: (3) 6 Fire Wire Flexible Grilling Skewers and 4 Fire Wire Double Prong Stainless Steel Skewers (value of $43) :: (4) Sidecar Dopp Kit from Kalencom (value of $90) :: (5) $150 gift card to Le Foret :: (6) Private tour for Dad and 10-15 friends, including a pint glass and t-shirt from Covington Brewhouse (value of $30 per person) :: (7) Gift basket from Sweet Olive Soap Works including Loup Garou Shaving Soap, a bar of Bay Rum and a bar of Whistling Dixie Beer soap (value of $20) :: (8) 3 “best of Storyville” tees: Whoo Dat, This Fish Cray, & NOLA Seasons (value of $68) :: (9) $50 gift card to Jamba Juice :: (10) $50 gift card to Elmwood Fitness Center’s Running & Fitness Store :: (11) Round of golf for 2 from Audubon Park Golf Course (value of $70)
But WAIT! There’s MORE! New Orleans Dad Photo Contest:
And in more exciting news, all entrants are automatically entered in the photo contest portion of this campaign. The winner of the photo contest will receive a Bourbon tasting for 12 from Pearl Wine Co valued at $250.
- Email your Best New Orleans Dad submission pics to info (at) neworleansmomsblog (dot) com or attach to the submission form by Noon CST on Friday, June 6th. We strongly encourage everyone to also post them on Instagram, Facebook and/or Twitter using the official hashtag #NOMBbestdad
- Be sure to label the picture with the same name used in the nomination form.
- All of the pictures received will be posted in an album on our Facebook page by 7:00pm CST on Friday night. The picture that receives the most “likes” (in our official entry album) by the following Saturday, June 14th at Noon CST will win a Bourbon tasting for 12 from Pearl Wine Co valued at $250.
- The winner will be announced on Father’s Day – Sunday, June 15th! So, get your pictures ready!
- Pictures should be family friendly. NOMB reserves the rights to use discretion in which pictures are posted.
- Only submit pictures to which you have the legal rights (i.e. it’s your photograph – if it’s a professional picture, please credit the photographer in a comment and disclose that you have rights to post). By sending the picture to New Orleans Moms Blog, you are agreeing to having the image posted on social media.
- Each reader may submit only ONE official entry.
- Pictures must be EMAILED to info (at) neworleansmomsblog (dot) com, not posted to our Facebook page. NOMB will not accept pictures posted to the page as official contest entries.
- Pictures must be liked in the album on our Facebook page, not on a picture that is shared. So please be sure that you are clear with your friends and family when asking them to vote! Only album image “likes” will be counted (this essentially means your friends and family have to navigate to the NOMB Facebook page, scroll through the album and vote).
- All deadlines are CENTRAL standard time.