I recently went on a girls’ trip to Orlando to celebrate a friend turning the big 3-0. With everything going on in the world, I was a little reluctant. However, my plans fell perfectly into place last minute, and 11 women jumped on a plane and took flight towards a much-needed escape. In short, it was amazing. So, I decided to sit down and list 21 reasons why 2021 is your year to have a little fun too.
21 Reasons Why 2021 is Your Year for a Girls Trip
- Depression and anxiety are steadily increasing.
- You feel lonely even if you aren’t.
- You spent most of 2020 living in fear, confusion, anger, and worry.
- You never fully mentally recovered from months of homeschooling.
- You’re ready to dance to something other than Cocomelon.
- Your friends need an escape just as much as you do.
- You feel smothered more often than not.
- You’ve previously made plans to have a girls’ trip, but 2020 shut it down.
- You want to see if your husband can successfully handle you being away for a few days.
- You are tired of subconsciously checking social media every 10 mins because you’ve been trapped in the same routine for the past year.
- You’re ready to sleep in a bed without 10 tiny toes digging into your side at 3 am, even if it’s only for a couple of nights.
- You’re ready for an adventure, instead of dreaming of one.
- Your “at-home” wine supply is running low
- You binged Firefly Lane on Netflix, and now you long for that “best friend” necklace type of connection.
- You’ve surveyed Facebook at least twice for opinions of new binge-worthy shows to watch.
- You have watched more TV over the past year than you ever have before because it distracts you from the reality of the outside world.
- You could use a reason to buy *new* vacation clothes, get your hair done, and have a fresh mani/pedi.
- You’re over-making plans only to have them postponed or canceled.
- We all had high hopes that 2021 would be an upgrade from 2020, so it’s time to UPGRADE IT!
- You deserve it.
- You earned it.
If you can responsibly get away with a group of girlfriends, I highly recommend it. Distract yourself for a long weekend. Breath again, laugh again, and believe again. Put trust back into the world and back into yourself.
You got through 2020, now it’s time to reward yourself for keeping it together over the past year. Have a little fun, live a little more, and love doing it. Be safe, but also STAY HAPPY.