More Things to Do in New Orleans With Kids
Slowly but surely, there are more things to do with kids in New Orleans … including the re-opening of the popular Metairie indoor playground at Lakeside Shopping Center! We have long been big fans of this New Orleans area indoor play space because it is clean, FREE and offers amazing shade during the hot summer months. If it is raining in New Orleans, it is a wonderful thing to do with kids. We gave the Lakeside Kids’ Castle 5 stars when it opened a few years ago.
In partnership with Children’s Hospital New Orleans and Touro Infirmary, the Kids’ Castle Play Area located in the Food Court of Lakeside Shopping Center in Metairie is now offering appointment-based, timed-entry for guests.
- For the first 30 days, the Kids’ Castle will open Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from 11:00 am until 7:00 pm.
- After the 30-day period, the Kids’ Castle will open seven days a week: 11:00 am until 7:00 pm Monday through Saturday and 12:00 pm until 6:00 pm on Sunday.
Things to Know Before You Go to Lakeside Kids’ Castle
- The play area is for New Orleans kids 51” in height and under
- Socks are necessary for all guests entering the Kids’ Castle play space
- Admission is FREE for guests – there is no cost
- Advance online reservations for 25-minute timed play sessions are mandatory
- Max of two back-to-back time slots (and no more than four per day allowed)
- Capacity will be limited to 15 children per 25-minute play session
- Between each play session, the area will be sanitized
Art Classes Coming to Kids’ Castle Indoor Playground in Metairie
In even more exciting news, the Kids’ Castle will have both private art classes (on Wednesdays) and sensory play activities (on Fridays) for New Orleans children starting in August 2021. The sensory play activities are intended to engage local children’s senses in a way that “facilitates exploration and encourages children to play, create, investigate, and explore.” In addition, the Parenting Center of Children’s Hospital New Orleans is launching monthly parenting classes on important topics for New Orleans parents like eating and sleep challenges.