Disclosure :: New Orleans City Park sponsored this post, but every year, this is by far one of the most popular giveaways that we host. We are absolutely thrilled to bring New Orleans families the chance to attend the Preview Party and Celebration in the Oaks.
New Orleans’ premier holiday event, Celebration in the Oaks, is just around the corner with new exhibits and surprises for you, your friends and family. Walk through twinkling lights and make some memories this holiday season in New Orleans.
The 2014-2015 Celebration in the Oaks Season
- Nov 28 – 30 and Dec 5 – Jan 3 (closed: 12/24 and 12/31)
- Sunday – Thursday: 6:00pm – 10:00pm // Friday and Saturday: 6:00pm – 11:00pm
- Admission is $8/person (children under 3 get in free, and Friends of City Park get in free)
Walk through the Botanical Garden, Carousel Gardens Amusement Park and Storyland lit up with over half a million twinkling lights and bustling with holiday cheer. The holiday train ride through the Park and the antique carousel are can’t-misses during the New Orleans holiday season! And don’t forget Mister Bingle, a great photo opportunity each year! There is nightly musical entertainment, and a full service café. Santa will be available for photos through December 23rd.
***Click this link to get a money saving coupon to use on your Santa photo packages***
New for the 2014 Celebration in the Oaks Season
- Expanded items to see on the 2 mile long mini train ride
- Expanded Sea-Labration exhibit with a huge moving Gulf oyster
- Aliens Visit Planet Celebration
- “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree”
- Expanded French Quarter Neighborhood scene
- A kicker and referee under the Who Dat tree
- A waving Santa as you leave CITO
- Seymour the Pelican is back!
- Even more dinosaurs along the mini train route
The following exhibits are also back by popular demand!
- ‘Irish’ you Happy Holidays
- Ben Franklin and the Key-Kite-Lightening scene
- Mister Bingle flying on a magic carpet
- Jackson Square in lights (they’re building a whole French Quarter neighborhood little by little over the next few years!)
- The floating Pirate ship and mermaid
- Flamingo Island
- Loch Ness Bayou Metairie Monster
- Buggin’ Out in the Shade Garden
- Victoria the Unicorn
And of course, the traditional favorites below will be available for New Orleans families to enjoy as well.
- Mister Bingle
- Dripping Snow Tree
- Holiday Mini Train
- Santa Gator
- Cajun Night Before Christmas
- Who Dat tree
- Train Garden
- Large poinsettia tree in the Conservatory
Celebration in the Oaks Parties (There Are More This Year!)
Preview Party :: Friday, November 21 (A fancy-dress cocktail party!)
One of the premier parties of the holiday season in New Orleans, this dazzling soiree kicks off the annual lights display. Guests get the first glimpse of the lights and are given exclusive access to the Botanical Garden and Train Route. Naturally, because this is New Orleans, food, music and adult beverages are available in abundance. Four live music stages feature the best local musicians, and guest are treated to a tantalizing array of foods from 50 local restaurants and caterers.
Jingle Bells & Beer :: Saturday, November 22 (A casual party where you get to ride the Amusement Park rides and sample craft beers!)
Please join City Park for its inaugural holiday event created just for young adults – and those young at heart! Jingle Bells & Beer will be so much good fun you’ll land on Santa’s Nice List! In your casual attire (it’s not a fancy-dress party!), you and your friends will experience all the rides within City Park’s Carousel Gardens Amusement Park, while under the beautiful lights of Celebration in the Oaks. Sample craft beers throughout the Amusement Park and “munchies” from local vendors. Dance to live music from local bands Gravy and Naughty Professor, and make your bells jingle!
- Amusement Park rides, including the miniature train and historic carousel
- Beer, wine, soft drinks, and water (must hydrate between beers!) from a variety of local distributors
- Food for all guests, provided by local restaurants, grocery stores, and vendors
Family Party :: Sunday, November 23 (A party for the whole family – this year with the FROZEN characters!)
Kids get the royal holiday treatment at their own Celebration in the Oaks Preview Party and – bonus! – mom and dad can enjoy this family experience without lifting a finger. Your little ones will feel like the kings and queens of the ball at this fun-filled party. And special this year at the Celebration in the Oaks Family Party – they’ll have the characters from FROZEN! That’s right; Princess Anna, Queen Elsa, Kristoff and the lovable Olaf. They’ll be walking around and will be ready to take photos with the kids (and those who are kids at heart, too). Don’t forget your camera! Please note: we know it can be a nightmare stuffing them into dress-up clothes, so give yourself and the kids a break. This is one holiday party where casual attire is recommended.
- Unlimited rides at the amusement park, including the miniature train and carousel. (Pssst! Don’t tell the kids, but we have great new surprises all along the train route this year to delight the whole family)
- Unlimited kid-friendly eats for the whole family, including pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers, mac & cheese, chicken fingers, fruit, soft drinks and more
- Fun live entertainment, including balloon clowns, an airbrush tattoo artist, stilt walkers, a DJ, and more.
Time: Early Admission: 5:00pm – 8:30pm (tickets: $40/person in advance)
Time: General Admission: 6:00pm – 8:30pm (tickets: $30/person in advance)
Friends of City Park members: $25/person in advance
Children under 2 get in free!